We believe that successful people make successful businesses, which is why we make every effort to provide our employees with an environment in which they can excel. Our professionals are integral in defining our business – delivering results to our clients and driving our company to success. We make it our job to treat them well.
We recognize the importance of our employees’ health and wellness. We are committed to providing a high quality, competitive employee benefit program which is designed to address our employees’ benefit needs. Our benefit package is regularly reviewed and modified to ensure we offer those benefits most valuable to both the employee and their family.
½ day off for your birthday
½ day off for your work anniversary
Dress for Your Day
The Flanders Group is looking for a highly motivated, self-starter to join our sales team. This is an exceptional opportunity for a career minded individual who would like to work with a well respected company.
We are New York’s premier group manager with over 4,000 clients participating in our 6 exclusive Workers’ Compensation Safety Groups. Our groups have many unique advantages and serve businesses in one or more of our crevice markets: real estate owners and managers, marinas and recreational boat dealers, machine shops and metal manufacturers, RV/power sports/motorcycle dealers, refuse/waste industries and nurseries/landscapers.
Our sales and service teams are paired together and structured around Flanders existing industry specializations and “A” rated carriers appetites. This structure facilitates strong cooperation, focused expertise and solid account management. Our clients benefit from a full team of individuals who possess a high level of technical knowledge and an in-depth understanding of risk management and insurance in their designated business segments.
A 4 year college degree is required and at least 3 years of prior sales experience is a must. The Flanders Group offers an attractive base salary plus commission and a generous benefits package. You must hold or be willing to obtain a NYS Insurance License to be eligible for this position. Travel may be required.
We provide state of the art training and access to a database of qualified leads collected through our vast network of industry insiders.
The Flanders Group team prides itself on helping corporate clients meet their number one internal goal – employee safety. The successful Account Executive will play a pivotal role in honoring that promise by executing the insurance program as originally envisioned by The Flanders Group and the client. This role should be of great interest to highly organized professionals with client-facing commercial insurance experience who are craving an opportunity for more leadership, independence, and “ownership” of the customer experience.
The Flanders Group attributes much of its revenue growth to the success of three high-performing “Producers” who open doors and close business with new clients and deepen relationships with existing clients. The successful Account Manager will seamlessly represent the Flanders Group on their behalf, acting as the client services quarterback that delivers on the commitments made, from relationship inception to relationship maintenance.
The Account Executive role is unique to the Flanders Group, conceived from the need for a nimble, independent-minded project manager who can synthesize information from multiple sources (clients, insurance carriers/underwriters, TFG producers and operations colleagues) formulate a plan/solution, and then manage that project to completion. While this role is highly collaborative, make no mistake that it also demands an individual who can “get things done” independently. The pace of this organization is fast, and each team member is expected to perform any task, big or small, to hit deadlines and exceed client expectations. Curiosity is a must for this position, as a high-performing Account Executive will have strong anticipatory skills, always asking “why,” or “what are we ultimately trying to accomplish here?” The successful Account Executive will always be on the lookout for ways to improve the client experience (cost reduction, suggestions for ways to reduce risk, etc.). This role is a poor fit for those who wait for direction and who are uncomfortable with managing multiple projects and constantly shifting priorities.
The title of “Account Executive” usually comes with sales goals. The Flanders Group is seeking someone with past business development and customer service success, but new revenue goals take a backseat to teaming with Producers and the operations team to delight new and existing clients. Talented business development professionals who enjoy marketing high quality business services but are fatigued with unreasonable revenue production goals will enjoy the vision for this role – sell deeper into existing relationships after earning the trust of clients under management. Do the right thing by providing a best-in-class experience for clients and additional revenue opportunities for TFG will emerge.
Goals & Responsibilities
- Team with TFG leadership (“Producers”) to close new business and delight existing clients by taking a leadership role in delivering on commitments of The Flanders Group.
- Communicate with assigned clients on a regular basis, habitually scanning the environment for opportunities to reduce their risk profile by leveraging the services and knowledge base of The Flanders Group and partner insurance carriers.
- Proactively identify and manage projects for TFG’s leadership team, with a goal of freeing up their time for revenue generation and strategic planning activities. Act independently to personally complete tasks as needed under tight timelines.
- Create and implement information-sharing processes as needed that contribute to building a culture of trust and transparency within and across TFG.
- Habitually capture and initiate a resolution process for client concerns and requests that are communicated via phone, email, in claim meetings, orientation meetings, and account review meetings.
- Take a leadership role in meeting regularly with assigned clients and their insurance carriers to implement risk management suggestions posed by insurance carriers and/or TFG.
- Advocate for assigned clients during the insurance renewal process to identify the optimal insurance carrier program to meet their needs.
- Provide training for the managers who work for assigned client firms, with a goal for minimizing the client’s business risk.
- A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of seven years in lead client-facing roles, ideally within the commercial insurance industry. Experience leading a client services team, insurance operations team, or as a business-to-business account manager/relationship manager is preferred.
- Experience with workers compensation programs and a Property and Casualty license are preferred.
- Industry-specific designations are a plus, including CIC, ACSR, and/or CISR.
- Proven ability to mentor and inspire colleagues to greater levels of competency and success. Decisive action, effective use of collaboration, and a spirit of accountability for team results are a must.
- A natural habit for creating and maintaining up-to-date project management and project timeline documents and CRM databases- and holding colleagues accountable to do the same.
- Experience managing complex projects to a successful conclusion in collaboration with colleagues.
- A sense of urgency and ability to adapt to unexpected changes posed by management, colleagues, clients and outside influences and quickly re-focusing efforts to solve new challenges at hand.
- Experience leveraging technology to improve the efficiency of operations under management.
- Unquestioned professional and personal integrity • Interest in traveling approximately 20% of the time, and experience independently resolving the typical challenges posed by changing travel schedules.
- An ability to work evenings and weekends as needed to accommodate client meetings including the fourth quarter “crunch” that is typical in this industry.
- The successful candidate must reside in the Greater Rochester New York area or relocate to the area within four months of hire.
This description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities but constitutes a general definition of position scope. In support of the ADA, this job description lists only the responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.