Skip to main content

Using the Right OSHA Form

By March 1, 2012August 22nd, 2018

If your business has more than 10 employees, then you are required to comply with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s(OSHA) recordkeeping, recording and posting ruling (unless you are exempt – please see our recent blog titled, “Are You Required to Report to OSHA?”). There are three important forms you must use for your OSHA-related recordkeeping and reporting and we discuss them below.

OSHA Form 300

This form is an injury/illness log, with a separate line entry for each recordable injury or illness. Such events include work-related deaths, injuries, and illnesses other than minor injuries that require only first aid treatment and that do not involve medical treatment, loss of consciousness, restriction of work or motion, or transfer to another job.

OSHA Form 300A

Each year, the employer must post a summary of the OSHA Form 300 on an OSHA Form 300A, which includes the previous year’s injuries and illnesses, in the workplace from February through April.

OSHA Form 301

This form is an individual incident report that provides added detail about each specific recordable injury or illness. A suitable insurance or workers’ compensation form that provides the same details may be substituted for OSHA Form 301.

All three forms are available in Adobe PDF and Microsoft Excel formats on the OSHA website at Flanders Group works with many businesses in New York state who are marinas, auto/RV dealerships, nurseries/landscapers, manufacturers and refuse companies, and we encourage all to contact us with your questions regarding OSHA compliance.