Why choose employment practices liability insurance? According to researchers, 3 out of 5 employers will be sued by a prospective, current or former employee while they are in business. Employment practices liability policies provide protection from the following wrongful employment practices:
- Actual or alleged wrongful dismissal, discharge or termination
- Employment related misrepresentation
- Employment related libel, slander, humiliation, defamation or invasion of privacy
- Wrongful failure to employ or promote
- Wrongful discipline
- Punitive damages
- Coercion or humiliation in relation to race, marital status, gender, age, sexual orientation, and any other protected class established by federal , state, and local statutes.
Employment practices liability works to provide the necessary resources to defend your company against a lawsuit or to pay for a claim. To best understand how to cover your risks, it’s important to know the potential sources such as:
- Recruitment practices
- Employment applications
- Employment offers
- Employee orientation process
- Annual conduct reviews
- Enforcing performance policies
- Improper documentation of the items listed above.
Avoid a lawsuit! As a business owner, it’s critical that you understand your exposures and options for managing risks. Let our team of experts at The Flanders Group assist with an HR audit and help you establish loss control policies and procedures. Call us at 800-462-6435 today.